BS Criminal Justice
The Bachelor of Science degree enables students to demonstrate a general knowledge of law enforcement, legal research, corrections and criminology. Students must take a minimum of 39 credit hours in criminal justice courses in residence at Columbus State University.
Graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- principles of criminal justice systems
- knowledge of law enforcement organization and procedures
- skills of legal research and analysis
- concepts of punishment and rehabilitation in the context of correctional systems
- major theories of criminal behavior
BS graduates also will be able to demonstrate and apply knowledge about each of the above by passing the department exit exam.